- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons loose oolong tea, or 1 tea bag
- 2 tablespoons dry desiccated coconut
- Juice of 1 lime
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
Heat oil in a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute to release flavors. Add rice and sauté to coat for an additional minute.
Add water, bring to boil. Add tea and cover pot. Simmer slowly for 10 minutes covered. Remove tea bag and cover the pot. Continue to simmer for 10-15 more minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Add coconut, lime, and season to taste with salt.