Cinco de Mayo, similar to the Super Bowl, is one of those days where celebrating delicious dips is almost as important as celebrating the holiday itself.
There's no need to get fancy with your Cinco de Mayo party food when there are so many simple and classic Mexican recipes out there. Grab a bag of tortilla chips and stick to these 4 delicious basic dips--they're all you need for a successful CInco de Mayo fiesta!
Nothing says Cinco de Mayo like a hot cheesy bowl of spicy queso. This recipe for queso dip is a tried and true classic that your party guests won't be able to stop eating. Serve with tortilla chips and sliced veggies, or get creative and pour it on top of burgers and more!
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 16 oz package Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into ½-inch cubes
Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is blended, stirring frequently. Serve warm.
Spicy Black Bean Salsa
Craving something a little lighter? Salsa will hit the spot. A Mexican food staple, salsa is great on everything from tortilla chips and tacos to scrambled eggs and wraps. This spicy black bean salsa belwo uses corn and black beans for a little something extra.
- 1 15 oz can Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- ½ cup whole kernel corn, frozen or canned
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
Stir together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
It's hard to find someone out there who doesn't like guacamole. Creamy, zesty and so easy to make, it's guaranteed to please at any party. Make it right before you serve it so it's at its freshest.
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel® Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilnatro
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
Mash avocados in a medium bowl to desired smoothness. Stir in remaining ingredients.
7 Layer Dip
Can't decide what to make? 7 layer dip solves all your problems. It combines the best Mexican flavors, like guacamole, toamtoes, sour cream, cheese and refried beans, into one gigantic, dippable bowl of goodness. You won't be able to dip just once!
- 1 10 oz can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green CHilies, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 16 oz can Rosarita® Traditional Refried Beans
- 1 12 oz container refrigerated guacamole (store-bought or homemade guacamole recipes like the one above will both work)
- 1 container 16 oz sour cream
- 1 1.25 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced ripe olives, drained.
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
Reserve 1/2 cup drained tomatoes; set aside. Blend remaining tomatoes and reserved liquid with beans in a medium bowl. Spread bean mixture in 8x8-inch glass baking dish or round casserole dish. Top with guacamole. Blend together sour cream and seasoning mix in small bowl. Spread over guacamole. Top evenly with layers of cheese, olives, green onions and reserved tomatoes. Chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
What are your other go-to Cinco de Mayo recipes?