- 2 Tablespoons melted, unsalted butter
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup of Cat Cora’s Kitchen by Gaea’s Kalamata D.O.P. Greek Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Cup whole milk
- 1/4 Cup Grand Marnier
- 1/4 Cup fresh orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, with the rack in the middle of the oven.
Brush a 10-inch nonstick cake pan with melted butter. If the pan is not nonstick, line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment paper and butter the parchment. Set aside.
Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
Place the eggs in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk the eggs for several seconds at medium-high speed. Add the sugar and whisk for a minute more. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and pour in the oil, then the milk, liquor, orange juice, and lemon zest.
When all the wet ingredients are incorporated, add the dry ingredients. Mix until the mixture is smooth, stopping, as necessary, to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Fold in the almonds. Pour into the buttered cake pan and place into the oven.
Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden skewer poked in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool on a rack for about 5 minutes.