No-Cook Cranberry Orange Relish
Reasons this should be on your Thanksgiving menu:
1. Quite honestly, food from a can is kind of creepy.
2. You, the lazy college student, can contribute something to the meal. You don’t even have to tell people it takes 10 minutes?
3. There are only 110 calories per serving. Although, we all know Thanksgiving calories don’t count. Right?
4. You don’t even need an oven or stove.
5. It actually tastes so good. You will be sneaking back to the fridge for a second helping (or a third).
So what are you waiting for? Try this delicious relish out today. Recipe adapted from The New York Times.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
2 large navel oranges, washed and dried
1 ½ pounds washed cranberries
1 cup sugar, or to taste
¼ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
¼ cup minced mint leaves, plus a few whole leaves for garnish
1. Cut the ends off of the oranges and slice them into eighths. Remove the center strings, but leave the peel on.
2. Place the oranges, cranberries and sugar in a food processor. Process until they are chopped, but not pureed. Make sure you do not over process them.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, stir in the cayenne and the minced mint leaves and adjust the seasoning.
4. Cover & refrigerate. Garnish with the whole mint leaves prior to serving.