1. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf will host a fall open house featuring $2 beverages including their new butter pecan and pumpkin latte and pumpkin chai blended drinks on September 9 from 2 to 6 p.m. Additionally, upon purchasing a large beverage during the month of September, customers can buy discounted bakery items for $1.50.
2. Patina Group’s Ray’s & Stark Bar announced Viet Pham as their new executive chef for the art-inspired restaurant at the L.A. County Art Museum. Pham is developing an extensive menu of housemade specialty items including sausages, ramen, and dumplings.
3. Westwood’s Tanzy restaurant has launched a new “All Day Social Hour” menu consisting of bar bites, assorted cheeses and salami, and new signature cocktails.
4. Over 50 of the country’s most celebrated chefs are teaming up with Salted, a new video-based step-by-step cooking program. Chefs Roy Choi, Neal Fraser, Ricardo Zarate, and dozens of others will provide cooking demos, recipes, and tips through video tutorials and classes. Salted launches on September 9 and is available for a monthly fee of $9.99.
5. Café Rockenwagner will be hosting stein hoisting competitions, serving lebkuchen hearts (a German Gingerbread), and other Oktoberfest dishes from September 16 through October 26 in celebration of the yearly festival.
6. Coast Beach Café at Shutters on the Beach is offering a special $34 three-course prix fixe menu celebrating the Hatch chile season. The special includes a green chile quesadilla, a barbecue pork chop with Hatch chile sauce, and a chile corn bread with crème fraîche ice cream. The menu will be available through September 9.
7. On September 9, chef Phillip Frankland Lee is opening The Gadarene Swine in Studio City. The vegan restaurant will be open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
8. The American Tea Room in Beverly Hills has launched a new line of bottled iced teas including sweet lullaby, American beauty, and coconut oolong flavors.
9. Bacari PDR, the newest restaurant from L.A. restaurateurs Robert Kronfli, Daniel Kronfli, and chef Lior Hillel opened in Playa Del Rey and is offering a gourmet menu of Mediterranean-inspired cold and hot small plates.
10. Beverly Hills’ Mr. C is offering two more weeks of outdoor movies. On September 9 (The Italian Job) and 23 (Moulin Rouge!), starting at 8:30 p.m., guests can enjoy an al fresco evening of dinner, cocktails, candy, and film. On September 10 at 7:30 p.m., the hotel will offer an interactive five-course dinner with wine pairings for $175.
11. The thirteenth-annual Italian Feast of San Gennaro will take place on September 26 through 28 with a Hollywood street festival. The event will include Italian cuisine, entertainment, and culture.
12. Hollywood’s Acabar has updated its menu with new Mediterranean dishes including a summer risotto with corn and porcini mushrooms, northern halibut with pistachios and forbidden rice, and roasted quail with fig and cashew nut stuffing. New cocktails include strawberry-infused tequila with vermouth and lemon, a Rittenhouse Rye with sweet vermouth and cherry brandy, and an El Dorado with Lemon Hart and pomegranate.
13. Hakkasan Beverly Hills will be closed for design enhancements and will reopen on September 15.
14. Baker Zoe Nathan, with help from co-owner Josh Loeb and Laurel Almerinda of Santa Monica’s Huckleberry Café & Bakery, have written Huckleberry: Stories, Secrets, and Recipes from Our Kitchen, a new book available September 9.
15. The Beverly Hills Hotel has launched a new in-room dining menu featuring signature dishes from each Dorchester Hotel location around the world. The new menu officially launches on September 18.