Some of the Scripps’ TV shows that have been streaming on Netflix since October 2014 are Food Network Star, Worst Cooks in America, Fixer Upper, Flip or Flop, and Property Brothers.
Ken Lowe, chief operating officer of Scripps, said in a conference call that the network was “big enough” and the company shouldn’t be limited by streaming partnerships, according to FOX News.
“If you look at where the industry is going… we just see a lot of opportunities. … We have such compelling content for advertisers we don’t want to cut ourselves off,” he said.
The strategic move was made on Scripps’ part, but Netflix has already been removing content from its library to make room for more Netflix Originals shows, Inquisitr reported.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record