Butter and Bachata, Y’all! Paula Deen Is Joining the Upcoming Season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’
Paula Deen is ditching the artery-clogging foods to clog and shimmy on the dance floor. The queen of Southern cuisine and disgraced Food Network star has joined the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars, according to Variety.
The hit TV show, already in its 21st year, will premiere September 14 at 8 p.m. EST. The controversial TV personality will be joined by former Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, Bindi Irwin (the late Steve Irwin’s daughter), and Triple Crown-winning jockey Victor Espinoza.
This is not the first time the ABC reality show has approached Deen. In 2010, when she was invited to join the cast, Deen told media, "They did ask me and I said no, fat girls don't look good sweating."
Paula Deen was dropped by the Food Network in 2013 after footage surfaced of the peppy Southerner hurling racial slurs. Since then, she has initiated a sort-of comeback for herself by launching her own network, publishing a healthy cookbook, and opening another Southern restaurant in Tennessee this year. It seems that a gig on DWTS is next on her road to redemption.