New York Chef Rebecca Charles Opens Spat Oyster Cellar in Kennebunk, Maine
Pearl Oyster Bar
Rebecca Charles, who is famous for her lobster rolls and on our lists of the coolest people in food and badass female chefs TIME overlooked, has fulfilled her longstanding dream of owning a restaurant in Maine.
Charles, chef/owner of Pearl Oyster Bar in New York City, purchased the former Abbondante Trattoria & Bar in Kennebunk, Maine, where Spat Oyster Cellar is now open for business. It is located in the downstairs part of the building. In the upstairs dining room, which is much larger, Charles plans to open a Maine incarnation of Pearl Oyster Bar.
On the menu is a selection of chilled seafood, small plates, steamer buckets, lobster rolls, whole grilled fish, and more. The restaurant is open Tuesday through Sunday, from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Check out our roundup of the best lobster rolls outside of Maine and Maine’s 20 best lobster rolls.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- What Every Woman Over 50 Should Know About Her Health
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record