Chipotle Has Released the Official Recipe for Their Famous Guacamole
If you noticed that your local supermarket was fresh out of avocados this weekend, you can probably blame Chipotle and their hordes of guacamole-loving fans. Chipotle just made dreams come true by releasing the official recipe for their famous guacamole: the guacamole that’s so good you have to pay extra just for a scoop on top of your burrito bowl, but that’s addictive enough that you grumble and shell out the $2 anyway.
We were pretty surprised to see that the recipe is actually fairly simple. No bells, whistles, or secret sauces: just avocado, lime juice, cilantro, and chopped onion. We wonder how it stacks up against The Daily Meal’s expert guacamole recipes. Here’s the Chipotle guacamole recipe breakdown.
2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per day)
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.