Naughty Hot Chocolate Mocha Gelato
Who says hot cocoa is just for the kids? Try this adult hot chocolate for your next hot chocolate social.
- ¾ Cup whipping cream
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup water
- 4 Cups milk (whole milk preferred)
- 8 Tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 8 Tablespoons Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- Grated semisweet chocolate, for garnish
Over low heat in a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, and ⅛ teaspoon salt in saucepan. Add ½ cup water slowly while whisking, to ensure smooth mixture.
Gently simmer over medium-low heat, whisking constantly. Simmer 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and return to simmer. Divide hot chocolate among 4 warmed mugs. Divide 2 tablespoons of each liqueur into each mug. Top each with whipped cream, and garnish with grated chocolate. This is an ideal winter holiday cocktail.