The National Mule Cocktail
We here at The Daily Meal don't hide our love for the classic summer cocktail, the Moscow Mule. But we're loving the twist on the old from Geoffrey Zakarian's restuarant, The National. The National Mule takes the ginger root of the drink and runs with it, adding in lime, Angostura orange bitters, and maraschino liqueur.
- Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur rinse
- 1 1/2 Ounce Russian Standard vodka
- 1 Ounce Stirring’s ginger liqueur
- 3 dashes Angostura orange bitters
- 3/4 Ounces lime juice
- 1/2 Ounce simple syrup
- 2 ½-inch pieces fresh ginger
- Barritt’s ginger beer
Rinse copper mug with maraschino liqueur. Muddle fresh ginger in a mixing glass. Add remaining ingredients, top with ice, and shake. Strain over fresh ice in copper mug, top with Barritt’s ginger beer, and garnish with a lime wheel.