Mesclun Salad with Olive Vinaigrette Recipe
A simple salad that gains a boost of flavor with Kalamata olives.
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ small shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and minced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard (not whole grain)
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 ounces mesclun mix or any spring mix of tender and sturdy lettuces
Add vinegar, shallot, olives, pepper, sugar, and mustard to a medium stainless steel bowl. Whisk to combine. Continue to whisk as you add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
Add the garlic cloves to the dressing and refrigerate in a sealed, non-reactive container until ready to use. Wash lettuces and pat dry, but do not bruise. Place lettuces in a medium stainless steel bowl and add dressing to taste.Toss with your hands and divide among 4 chilled salad plates.