- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and broken into large pieces
- 4 medium-sized yellow potatoes, quartered
- 4 Cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup snipped chives
- 4 pieces crispy cooked bacon, crumbled*
- 1/2 Cup grated Cheddar
Place the cauliflower and potatoes in a medium-sized pot and cover with the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Working in batches, add the vegetables to a blender with some of the cooking liquid. Blend until silky smooth and nice and thick, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Drain any extra cooking liquid out of pot. Add the puréed cauliflower-potato mixture back into the pot and swirl in the butter. Ladle into bowls and top with the chives, bacon, and Cheddar.