Martha Washington's Rum Punch Recipe
Punch bowls may be the latest craze in today's cocktail culture, but their popularity is nothing new. This historic punch is a favorite of Eric Alperin, one of the mixologists behind the new Forty Four at The Royalton in New York, where it is served. - Maryse Chevriere
- 15 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 15 ounces fresh orange juice
- 15 ounces spiced simple syrup
- 15 ounces Flor de Caña 4 year Rum
- 20 ounces Appleton 12 year Extra Rum
- 10 ounces orange curaçao
- Orange and lemon, for garnish
Present the punch bowl with ice to the guest.
Add all of the ingredients to Parisian shakers
with two small tins worth of crushed ice. Shake till ice dissipates.
Pour tableside and finish with full lemon and half orange wheels and fresh grated