Manila Steamed Clams and More
Check out our editors' picks for this week's top food section recipes.
• Brocolli rabe is in season for a short time; this recipe from Mario Carbone and Rich Torrisi takes the btiterness of the veggie and turns it spicy.
• Enjoy a Washington special from Hudson's Bar and Grill: Manila steamed clams with shallots, white wine, and red pepper.
• For an easy but exotic weeknight meal, try the North African chicken recipe with green sauce.
• Is there a better way to start the day than with muesli? Add some berries, nuts, and yogurt and you're good to go.
• The sformato is an Italian soufflé made with veggies; sounds difficult? Easy steps make the side dish doable.
• Wrap up some salmon, chard, and mushrooms into an easy-to-serve spring roll.
• It's cake galore: yellow cake batter, raspberry cream-layer, and pineapple buckle cake recipes make any spring entertaining a cinch.
• Take clams, Yukon potatos, and bacon to make a thick, creamy clam chowder.
• Never would have thought that cauliflower could be a hearty meal? Believe it: oak-smoked cauliflower dish uses chile de árbol to spice up what's called the "smoked brisket" of veggies.
Wall Street Journal
• An easy salad takes beets, berries, and sorel for a sweet, crunchy taste.