- 2 hot dog franks cut into quarters, or 4 cocktail dogs cut into halves
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (organic), melted butter or ghee
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder, or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup cheese (cheddar tastes best; grated or cut into small slices)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut pre-cooked hot dogs into fourths, or cocktail franks into halves. Set aside.
Grease a cookie sheet, or line cookie sheet with parchment paper (ideally unbleached).
Whisk, or mix together with a hand-blender or in a food-processor the eggs,coconut oil/butter/ghee, salt, and garlic powder/crushed garlic clove.
Add in to wet mixture coconut flour and baking powder. Beat mixture thoroughly until you can't see any lumps, and the eggs are substantially beaten.
Use a tablespoon to transfer heaping spoonfuls of batter onto the cookie sheet or or parchment paper.
Press one piece of hot dog or cocktail dog into the mound of batter.
Place one slice of cheese atop each batter-and-dog mound, or sprinkle each with grated cheese
Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven. Serve hot on plate.