What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• Next time you find yourself without the kids for a night, try cooking a special date night meal at home. [Dinner: A Love Story]
• Lighten up traditionally fried jalapeño poppers by throwing them on the grill. [YumSugar]
• Try your hand at one of the hottest dessert trends this season — homemade paletas. [The Parsley Thief]
• A quick and easy guide to roasting peppers using a gas range. [Good Life Eats]
• A light and refreshing summer meal (with no cooking required) — cucumber linguini with mint and fried capers. [Food & Style]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.