Three times a week, The Daily Byte rounds up stories worth reading and blogs worth following.
• Apples, ginger, and maple syrup are perfect for the holidays in this calvados cocktail. [Gourmande in the Kitchen]
• A blogger reviews three coffees from Brazil during Cafés do Brasil Week in New York City. [The Feisty Foodie]
• Here's how to make a perfect sidecar (complete with photos). [The Amateur Gourmet]
• Alcademics tours distilleries in Japan, ending with the Yamazaki whiskey distillery. [Alcademics]
• Learn how to make your own rice wine. [Swapna's Cuisine]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.