What makes a great drink blog? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a useful set of tips. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• Vena Cava's punch is the perfect cocktail for Fashion Week: dark rum, gin, champagne, mashed raspberries, and lemon peel. [The Food Life]
• To help you make the punch, here's a helpful guide to the best gins for any budget. [12 Bottle Bar]
• Someone mapped out who says pop, soda, or coke. Look at all that blue. [Pop Vs. Soda]
• What beer should you have with that pizza? Serious Eats dished out some tips. Discerning college students and manly men approve. [Serious Eats]
• Make these adorable lattice cookies to top off all your holiday drinks this upcoming season. [Not Martha]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.