What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• 20 basic ingredients for raw diet beginners. [Babble]
• Make full-flavored fries at home seasoned with rib rub spices. [Dine and Dish]
• A wholesome dessert that's sure to please any guests — almond tarts with grilled apricots. [A Communal Table]
• 10 creative dinner ideas featuring ramen. [Babble]
• Enjoy David Chang's signature fried chicken, without waiting for a reservation. [Oui, Chef]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.