What makes great cooking and entertaining blogs? Smart and engaging content that focuses on a particular subject matter, accompanied most often by great photography and a hefty dose of opinion. The Daily Meal is dedicated to sifting through the vast array of content gracing the food blogosphere in order to deliver a daily sampling of the stories worth reading and the blogs worth following.
• Impress your guests with this Spicy Lentil Tart with Pomegranate and Mint. [6 Bittersweets]
• Who knew making chocolate chips from scratch could be so simple? [Semisweetie]
• A delicious and authentic recipe for Pão de Queijo (Brazilian cheese bread). [Globetrotter Diaries]
• A video tutorial for making perfectly shiny fondant. [Chocolate & Carrots]
• How to make Chef Suzanne Goin's signature Grilled Pork Burgers at home. [Food Gal]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.