- Salt, to taste
- 1 Pound linguine or spaghetti
- 2 dozen manila or littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Put the clams and wine in the pot. Cover and cook over high heat until the clams open, for about 5 minutes. Transfer the opened clams to a bowl using a slotted spoon, leaving the broth in the pot. Discard any unopened clams. Strain the clam broth by pouring it through a fine-meshed sieve into a small bowl. Set aside.
Put the olive oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in same pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until the garlic colors.
Add the clams, broth, and parsley and stir well to combine. Heat just until simmering. To serve, toss the clams with the cooked pasta.