KFC Offers Twice the Fried Chicken in Its New Double Crispy Colonel Sandwich
KFC is doubling the good stuff in this super-sandwich, packing in two tasty chicken filets instead of one. Other than that, the sandwich is the same as the original Colonel’s Crispy Sandwich. It comes with pickles and mayo and is served on a sandwich bun.
The one-filet version of the Colonel's Crispy Sandwich launched in April, and was considered by some to be the chain's attempt to compete with Chick-fil-A, which is well-known for its similar sandwiches.
"If you look at the growing sandwich trend — and we believe we're the fried chicken experts — we believe that fried chicken sandwiches can be a really big part of our business," KFC's CMO Andrea Zahumensky told Business Insider back when the single-filet sandwich was introduced.
KFC did not immediately reply to a Daily Meal request for additional detail. The chain's been hatching a number of creative offerings lately, including pickle-fried chicken, and the Waffle Double Down (that last one was a limited-time special in Canada only).
While you’re waiting for lunch, check out these 25 things you didn’t know about your favorite fast-food chains.
- Dîner en Blanc Is the Largest, Most Extravagant Dinner Party You’ve Never Heard Of
- Meat Supplier Connected to Publix E.Coli Cases Issues Further Recall
- These Airline Pilot Secrets Will Make You Less Afraid to Fly
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- McDonald's Is Serving Poutine in Chicago for a Limited Time