- 12 Ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup honey, light corn syrup, or brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne or curry powder (optional)
Step 1: In a medium pot over medium heat, add all ingredients.
Step 2: Whisk together until smooth until mixture comes to a boil. If ketchup is too thick, add more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
Step 3: Once the ketchup is boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently, paying special attention to bottom and sides of the pot.
Step 4: Remove ketchup from heat, cover and cool.
Step 5: Chill ketchup in the refrigerator and use on fries, hamburgers, eggs or whatever you desire! Ketchup will keep for 1 month.