Featuring clove-infused Tequila, “this cocktail reminds us of the holidays but with somewhat untraditional ingredients,” says Jessica Bray, bartender at the Red Star Tavern in Portland, Oregon. “It literally smells like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Using the Herradura Anejo was key because of the vanilla, bubble gum type aroma it already has, and the clove was a perfect match for it. Using the cinnamon sugar and agave nectar sweeten it up just enough to take the edge off,” Bray says.
- 1 1/2 ounce clove-infused Herradura Anejo Tequila
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- cinnamon sugar mixture for rim
- 1 cinnamon stick, for garnish
Shake all ingredients together with ice. Strain into chilled martini glass with a cinnamon sugar rim. Garnish with cinnamon stick.