745 Decatur St (btwn St. Peter St & St. Ann St)
New Orleans, LA 70116
- After the Battle of New Orleans in 1814 the square was renamed Jackson Square after General Andrew Jackson. Jackson Square has been featured in movies, including The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
- Grab beignets to go or a muffaletta from central grocery and sit in the Square on a sunny day. It's heavenly.
- Jackson Square has featured in movies such as Angel Heart and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but its biggest claim to fame is St Louis Cathedral, the oldest Catholic cathedral in the US.
- The oldest catholic church in the U.S. It really is beautiful inside, There have also been many documented murders right around it. Check out a haunted history tour, they don't disappoint.
- Come here to get a taste of New Orleans culture- see street artists, vendors, musicians, fortune tellers, the horse-drawn carriages, walk along the Riverwalk, grab a beignet, tour the Katrina museum.
- Grab some beignets @ Cafe Du Monde!
- Was told by a street vendor if a bird poop on you it's good luck.
- Great spot for people watching!
- Go to Muriel's for excellent food & classic New Orleans cocktails. Brunch is fabulous as well. Ask to see the haunted table.
- As a photographer a joy to shoot. The history of the city lives here in magnificence w/the Cathedral, Cabildo, Andrew Jackson & stunning buildings. Plenty of unique shops & across from Cafe du Monde.
- Super crowded place!!
- Did you know that In 2012, the American Planning Association (APA) named Jackson Square as one of America's Greatest Places! Check it out here: http://www.planning.org/greatplaces/
- We love sitting for caricature sketches in Jackson Square, one of the nations oldest active art colonies.
- French quarter history tours walking and mule drawn carriage call 504-419-TOUR group rates available
- The first thing you should do in New Orleans is to take a mule drawn carriage tour that starts from here. Prices are based by the half hour. Informative funny and always entertaining!
- free wifi, great if you have a netbook. good place to just chill and appreciate the .25
- Check out the cats in the square. They multiply the later it gets. Pretty cool. Saw 18 last night
- Don't let the beautiful and peaceful square fool you. Horrid things happened here in the early years of New Orleans! A Haunted History Ghost Tour will fill you in!
- Try the Redfish Cake - A twist on the crab cake, you will want to sop up the sauce of this #seafood appetizer
- One of the most enchanting and my favorite spot in new Orleans