How to Make a Hurricane
Forget the icky-Icee version of this cocktail you see the tourists slurping in the French Quarter. If you get it right, this celebratory punch can be light, fresh, not too sweet, and, dare I say, elegant.
Read more about Classic New Orleans Cocktails for Mardi Gras.
- 2 Ounces dark Jamaican rum
- 2 Ounces light rum
- 1 Ounce orange juice
- 2 Ounces passionfruit juice
- ½ Ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ Ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ Ounce simple syrup
- A few sparing dashes of rose water
- Orange segment & preserved cherry for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously until chilled. Strain over ice into a hurricane glass and garnish with orange segment and preserved cherry.