A homemade appetizer made with cabbage and a wonderful combination of East Asian spices.
* 3-⅝ ounces, weight Gram Flour (Chickpea Flour)
* 2 Tablespoons Corn Flour
* 1 Tablespoon Flour, All Purpose
* ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
* ¼ teaspoons Oregano Powder
* 2 teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
* 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
* 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 3 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon, 2-⅓ pinches Water
* 7 ounces, weight Cabbage, Shredded
* 3-⅝ ounces, weight Carrots, Shredded
* 2 cups, 1 tablespoon, 2 teaspoons, 7-⅛ pinches Vegetable Oil
Combine gram flour (chickpea flour), corn flour, plain flour, baking powder, oregano, masala powder, chili powder, pepper, salt and water. Mix well.
Add cabbage and carrots; mix well.
Put the oil in the pan and heat to medium high heat. Carefully drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.