- 3 pounds russet potatoes washed, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 ribs celery chopped into a ¼-inch dice
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
Place the potatoes in a 3 quart saucepan and fill cover with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and cook gently until the potatoes until easily pierced with a fork. Be careful not to overcook them. Remove and drain into a colander. Place the potatoes back into saucepan and fill with cold water to cool them down.
Rub a large stainless steel bowl with the smashed garlic and discard. Add the potatoes while still warm and drizzle them with 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar. Toss well to coat the potatoes, being careful not to mash them. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to combine with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate immediately.