Herb-Marinated Calamari Salad Recipe
Marinated in bright and aromatic herbs and topped with crunchy cucumber and tangy feta cheese, this recipe is a fantastic seafood-filled twist on a more traditional Greek Salad.
- 1 pound calamari rings and tentacles
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 large cloves garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce chiffonade
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3–4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8–12 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
Rinse calamari under cold water and pat dry. Place in a shallow dish.
Place olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, and thyme in a medium
mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour ½ of the olive oil mixture over the calamari. Marinate for about 15–20
minutes. Drain marinade from the calamari and discard the marinade.
Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the calamari to the pan. Sear quickly on all sides until brown and charred in spots. Remove the calamari from the pan and toss in the remaining olive oil mixture.
To serve, arrange some of the lettuce, cucumber, feta, green onions, olives, tomatoes, and bell pepper on each plate. Top with some of the calamari and drizzle with any remaining olive oil mixture.