Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
Love heirloom tomatoes? Then you'll love this recipe, which highlights their wonderful flavor. This recipe is so easy, there's no reason you can't have this staple in a pitcher in your refrigerator all summer long.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, diced finely
- 4 stalks celery, diced finely
- 4 small Persian cucumbers, peeled and diced finely
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion, diced finely
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced, for garnish
Combine the first 7 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pulse the processor just a few times while adding the olive oil. Chill, then serve with sliced avocado for garnish.