whipped cream
Shutterstock

Famous French Fitness Instagrammer Dies From Exploding Whipped Cream Dispenser

Thousands of the exploding dispensers remain in circulation, and the grieving family warns against them
whipped cream
Shutterstock

On Wednesday, June 21, a warning was posted on French Instagram celebrity Rebecca Burger’s feed: “Do not use this kind of utensil in your home!” The cautionary caption was featured beneath a photo of a disassembled whipped cream dispenser.

Rebecca Burger, a blogger and influencer with more than 160,000 followers, passed away after using the defective device. Burger’s family first announced the tragedy on Facebook, calling the incident a “domestic accident.”

According to her family’s report, the canister “exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, causing her death.” Though she received medical attention, Burger passed away due to cardiac arrest after the impact.

The type of dispenser works by keeping the interior of the device under a high pressure — consumer magazine 60 Millions told the BBC that “the injuries caused range from broken teeth and tinnitus to multiple fractures and, in one case, the loss of an eye.” However, they claim that modern versions of the device seem to be completely safe.

A post shared by Rebecca Burger (@rebeccablikes) on

Despite product recalls by distributors of the older models, many of the potentially hazardous devices remain in people's homes. As Burger’s family warns in the public announcement, “Several tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation.”

One of the companies sponsoring Burger, the international fitness brand Women’s Best, paid respects: “Rebecca was not only a great fitness figure but a generous and kind person to work with.”

A post shared by Rebecca Burger (@rebeccablikes) on

She lived a public and glamourous life, creating a social media portfolio of flawless portraits, healthy and exotic meals, and worldwide travels. Her impressive physique and upscale lifestyle made her the envy of many, and the sadness revealed in her recent photos’ comments was overwhelming.

Related Stories
The 12 Foods You’re Most Likely to Choke OnChef Allie Redshaw Loses Hand in Kitchen AccidentFreak Kitchen Accident Kills Woman in New York City Apartment Chef Almost Severs Hand in Horrific Pasta Machine Accident