Grilled Bratwurst with Spicy Mesquite Peppers and Onions Recipe
This recipe is perfect for tailgating — start the vegetable mixture at home and grill the sausages at the game.
- 1 Cup ketchup
- 1 Cup beer
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons mesquite marinade
- 20 Ounces bratwurst sausage
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 10 hoagie rolls
Mix ketchup, beer, Worcestershire sauce, and marinade mix in small bowl. Set aside.
Grill sausages on medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add bell pepper; cook and stir 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add mesquite sauce and sausages. Simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on hoagie rolls.