Green Tomato Gazpacho
Simple, cool, and refreshing, this reimagined version of gazpacho made with green tomatoes is a popular starter at Luce Wine Restaurant, located in the InterContinental Hotel in San Francisco.
See all gazpacho recipes.
- 2 1/2 Pounds green tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 Pounds green grapes, halved
- 1/4 Pound raw marcona almonds
- 1/4 Cup white verjus
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Sherry vinegar, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted, sliced marcona almonds, for garnish
- 1/4 Cup microgreens, for garnish
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, grapes, raw almonds, and white verjus. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, place the marinated mixture in a blender and purée on high speed until completely smooth. Pass the mixture through a fine-meshed sieve, and chill in the refrigerator.
Season with kosher salt, to taste, and adjust the acidity with a splash of sherry vinegar. Serve very cold and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil. Garnish with the toasted, sliced marcona almonds, and microgreens.