Greek Salad Recipe
This light, refreshing, and incredibly tasty version of a traditional Greek salad is great as a side salad or a main course with some grilled chicken or shrimp on top, or vegetarian stuffed grape leaves.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 cucumbers, preferably English or Kirby, quartered and diced
- 1/3 cup Bulgarian or Greek feta, stored in brine, then crumbled with a fork
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4-5 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh mint, leaves removed and cut into a chiffonade (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, smashed with a chef’s knife or pushed through a garlic press
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, onion slices and fresh mint in a serving bowl. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Then pour over the salad and toss gently to combine. Add additional salt or pepper as needed.