- 2 cucumbers, preferably English or Kirby, quartered and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup Bulgarian or Greek feta, stored in brine, then crumbled with a fork
- 4-5 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh mint, leaves removed and leaves cut into a chiffonade (optional)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, smashed with a chef’s knife or pushed through a garlic press
- 1/8 Teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1: In a salad bowl, add the tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, onion slices and fresh mint.
Step 2: In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic clove and 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Add additional salt or pepper as needed and serve.