Grape Glazed Carrots
This recipe is a great way to spruce up an otherwise boring side dish of carrots. Sweet and savory collide with the tang of the grape juice to create an exciting and unique flavor profile.
Nutrional information per serving:
140 cal; 2.5 g fat; 0 g saturated fat; 2 g protein; 29g carbs; 0 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium; 3 g fiber
- 1 1/2 Cup Welch's 100% Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Salt, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 Cup chopped unsalted pistachios
In a small cup, stir together 2 tablespoons of the grape juice and the cornstarch.
In a medium saucepan, bring one quart of water to a simmer. Add the carrots and salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Drain well. In the same saucepan, heat the remaining grape juice, sugar, and balsamic vinegar until boiling. Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the juice. Cook, stirring constalty, 1 to 2 minutes or until the sauce returns to a simmer and thickens.
Add the carrots and stir until coated. Pour into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pistachios and serve immediately.