Four Ingredient Vegan Pie Crust
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: Dependent on pie filling
Servings: 1 single-crust pie
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons ice water
1. Combine flour,
and salt in a large mixing bowl (or whatever you have).
2. Mix until dough clumps. Be careful not to over-mix as your crust will become tough.
3. Prepare a surface to roll out your dough, ideally something like aluminum foil or wax paper that you can pick up. Before you start rolling, dust your surface and the top of your dough with flour to prevent sticking.
4. Roll the dough from the center out until it is approximately 11 inches in diameter. (Ideally, use a rolling pin. An empty paper towel roll could also work… get creative. )
5. Transfer your dough to your pie tin by placing the tin face down in the middle of the crust, sliding your hand underneath your surface and flipping the whole thing.
6. Crimp the edges of your crust by pinching the dough into small points all around the edge of the tin.
7. Fill your pie shell with your favorite filling (recipe for healthy pumpkin pie filling here).
8. Bake your pie according to the directions for your filling, usually about an hour.
9. Serve and enjoy.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: