Instead of asking Dad to grill up some steaks or hamburgers this Father’s Day, treat him to a meal that he won’t forget. We’ve rounded up some the best Father’s Day food packages around the country that have come across our radar. From simple dinners to all-out getaway vacations, check out these options.
- Nick’s Cove Restaurant, Oyster Bar, and Cottages: Treat Dad to views of Northern California's Tomales Bay with a special Father’s Day brunch or dinner. The special menu for brunch will include items such as duck confit with eggs, and Dungeness crab Benedict. The dinner specials include seared American Wagyu sirloin and Devil’s Gulch Ranch rabbit. As a gift to take home, you can give Dad executive chef Austin Perkins’ house-made hot sauce. Brunch runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and dinner starts at 5 p.m.
- The St. Regis Mexico City: Take a guided tour of the San Juan market and pick out ingredients to make Dad a special dinner with the help of executive chef Guy Santoro as part of the special Learning and Cooking package. The pastry chef will help kids make Dad dessert. The package is offered Tuesday through Sunday and includes two adults and two kids starting at $550.
- Odyssey and Spirit of Chicago Cruises: Chicagoans can treat Dad to a brunch or dinner cruise on the Odyssey or Spirit of Chicago. Brunch on the Spirit of Chicago will be buffet-style and include Cheddar cheese omelettes, scalloped potato hash browns, freshly baked cookies, cakes, and bars, a complimentary cocktail for Dad, and DJ entertainment, all for $54.90. Dad will receive a 12-ounce rib-eye steak free of charge with dinner on the Odyssey.
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: After a long day on the links in Scottsdale, Ariz., Dad can enjoy a meal at Bourbon Steak, where chef Michael Mina presents a menu of the finest cuts of beef, poultry, and fish, all grilled and finished over seasoned wood-fueled flames. Steak-loving dads can choose from mesquite-grilled cuts including cowboy rib-eye, dry-aged porterhouse, and New York strip.
- Rogues Harbor Inn and Brewery: As part of the Finger Lakes Beer Trail in Ithaca, N.Y., Rogues Harbor Inn and Brewery offers the chance for dads to taste, harvest, and brew at the microbrewery. For $550, dads can enjoy a two-night stay, breakfast, lunch, brewery tours, and home brewing demos.
- Loden Hotel: For the dad who is a man’s man, Loden Hotel’s "I’m a Lumberjack" experience will feature a Lumberjack's brunch at the Tableau Bar Bistro created by chef MAC. Fill up on pancakes, eggs, baked beans, maple syrup, and of course, every lumberjack’s favorite, bacon. After a hearty meal, Dad can enjoy other activities such as a Lumberjack Show, complete with log rolling, axe throwing, springboard chop, and raker saws.