- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup spring onion, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup savory, chopped roughly*
- 2 bunches (about 15) carrots
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chives, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, warm the butter, honey, and cider vinegar together. Break apart the rings of the spring onion. Add the slices and the chopped savory into the honey mixture and let it all marinate. Set aside.
Cut off the green leafy parts and clean the carrots with a scrub brush. Leave them on a dish towel to dry completely.
Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper (I didn’t do this, and I wish I did, much easier to clean). Spread out the carrots in a single layer. Drizzle the honey mixture over and gently toss to coat. Generously season with salt and pepper.
Roast on the upper rack for 20 minutes. Carrots should be tender but still have a good bit of resistance too them. Only babies like moosh carrots. Garnish with fresh chives.