Comfort Food, Breakfast, Fried Chicken
198 Avenue A (btwn E 12th & E 13th St)
New York, NY 10009
- Fried chicken & bacon butter: Empire Biscuit is the 24hr biscuit emporium you've been waiting for.
- 24-hour quick-service spot for biscuits and biscuit sandwiches. Plain biscuits and biscuit sandwiches are greatjust keep your order simple.
- Don't be afraid to start with the fundamentals; butter on an all-butter biscuit is a great intro to the menu.
- The hype has (finally) died down since they opened. For a little more than $10 you can try both a sweet and savory biscuit. I like the Savory Character and Benton's Bacon, Egg and Cheddar! #nyceats
- Post workout treat: The fried chicken biscuit and the sausage biscuit and gravy. Holy yum! Oh, and eat them quick so they don't get cold/soggy.
- I give their biscuits my Southern seal of approval.
- Jonathan (owner, bearded dude) is the nicest dude on the planet. Blue Bottle coffee and great comfort food. 24/7. Do it. I want them to thrive in the EV.
- ... try the biscuits!
- The Scotch Egg sandwich is amazing. In general, the default biscuit provided is the lard biscuit. If you prefer a more salty/buttery taste, you can request a butter biscuit.
- Friendly customer service. Great biscuits. Go for the chicken biscuit. Obviously.
- Favorites include the signature Backyard Ham and Egg biscuit sandwich, the chocolate & cayenne Butter with coffee whipped cream Kiki biscuit and the super-crispy spicy fried chicken sandwich.
- BEST BISCUITS! Their bacon, egg and cheese biscuit is AMAZING. I also love their Lemony Susan. Fast service. 24/7!
- Don't be afraid to ask for the biscuits.
- The spicy fried chicken biscuit was good. A cool place w dope staff
- Eggs? Bacon? Biscuits? Yes, please.
- Decent biscuits, but not near the buttery moist taste I was hoping for. Size is average. One could easily eat two with fixings - bacon, fried chicken, egg, different flavored butters and jams.
- Tasting Table says: "24-hour E.V. spot... Choose from country-style biscuits made with lard, or an all-butter version, and opt for toppings such as maple butter, pumpkin pie spread or pimento cheese"
- It was the best! Order "The Ben & Karen" or the muffuletta.
- Empire Biscuits menu boasts a biscuit with roasted duck fat as well as Cape gooseberry and apricot jam, Gorgonzola and nutmeg butter, and candied mango jam.
- Fried chicken biscuit with ranch is otherworldly delicious. Add house-made pork sausage gravy to get freaky.