This cocktail was developed by Justin Cairo of Penrose Bar, a neighborhood gastro pub located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
While visiting Cusco, Peru, Justin fell in love with the pisco sour and the many different variations of the sour that the locals offered, which inspired the creation of the El Campeon, amodern-day twist on a classic.
Read More About Delicioso Ideas for National Margarita Day & Beyond.
- 1.5 Ounces el Jimador reposado
- 3/4 Ounces fresh lime
- 3/4 Ounces yellow chartreuse
- 3/4 Ounces sage and jalapeño infused
- 1/4 Ounce Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 3 -5 drops habanero chili oil
Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled partway with ice, serve up in a coupe glass, with a sage leaf as garnish.