8 New Products For a Hearty and Healthy Breakfast
It is often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so those early-morning choices can play an important role in whether you will have a good day or a great day. Breakfast in 2017 no longer just has to be “eggs and bacon” or “cornflakes with milk.” No matter your diet, allergies, or time constraints, there are plenty of items to keep you satisfied.
Here are eight new breakfast offerings for you to look into for a great start to your day:
- Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs – Sure, you can get a dozen eggs at any supermarket or bodega, but Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs are different. Not only are these eggs healthy (e.g. USDA Organic, Certified Humane, 60 calories per serving), but they are hard-boiled, pre-peeled and ready-to-eat. They come in re-sealable packaging, making this high-protein snack long lasting.
- Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt – Stonyfield has been one of the more popular organic brands on the market for years, but it’s new to the Greek yogurt market. Set to hit shelves in December, Stonyfield's Greek Yogurt contains more protein than sugar in each serving. In addition, Stonyfield has some great "On The Bottom" offerings, including its Double Cream with Madagascar Vanilla. This yogurt is of course Non-GMO Project Verified, gluten-free and kosher.
- Happy Tot Super Morning Bowl – Happy Family is a leading organic baby food brand, and Happy Tot is its latest product extension. Its Happy Tot line has been launched with two flavors of Super Morning Oatmeal Bowls, Organic Apples & Blueberries and Organic Bananas & Strawberries. These bowls are non-GMO, gluten-free, high in fiber and contain 160mg of Omega-3's (from chia) with no sugar added. No one will have to know if you are buying these for yourself.
- Eight O’Clock Coffee Infusions – Coffee goes with most breakfasts, but sometimes plain coffee can feel a bit boring. Eight O’Clock Coffee Infusions offers something different with each varieties. Its Alert Hi-Caffeine blend is a medium roast Arabica coffee blended with caffeine and guarana, offering a, well, high-caffeine boost. B6 Metabolism – one of three new varieties, along with Super Spice and Acai Glow – is 100 percent Arabica dark coffee blended with a fruit and herbal blend that is rich in Vitamin B6. Relax Decaf blends Arabica coffee with chamomile and lavender for a soothing feel.
- Coffee Gator’s Pour Over Coffee Maker – Just because you have coffee on hand doesn’t mean you have the tools on hand to make great coffee. Coffee Gator's Pour Over Coffee Maker aims to offer barista-quality coffee through a simple four-step process. The environmentally-friendly, temperature-minded device is also a cost-saver, as it eliminates the need for paper filters. The three-cup size Pour Over Coffee Maker is currently priced under $25.
- Fruit and Chia and Fruit Refreshers from Del Monte - The brand's Fruit and Chia sets combine non-GMO fruit and chia with non-BPA packaging. Currently, Del Monte Fruit and Chia is being offered in four flavors: peaches in strawberry dragon fruit-flavored chia, mixed fruit in tropical-flavored chia, pears in blackberry-flavored chia, and mangos in pineapple-flavored chia. Also from Del Monte is its Fruit Refreshers line – arguably the first fruit cup aimed at adults for snacking purposes – which is being offered in flavors including mandarin oranges in coconut water and pineapple in passion fruit Flavored Water. The Fruit Refreshers are 100 calories or less per cup, while the Fruit & Chia packs give you 100% daily value of Vitamin C and 800mg of Omega-3's.
- Noosa Yoghurt – Sourced locally with natural ingredients -- the Colorado-based company has its own state-of-the-art water treatment plant -- Noosa brands itself as the "finest yoghurt." The company recently announced five new flavors: Banana Chocolate Peanut, Coconut Almond Chocolate, Honey Cranberry Almond, Honey Pretzel Peanut, and Maple Ginger. These join the "classics" (e.g. Apple, Blood Orange, Salted Caramel), the "tart & sweet" (e.g. Pear & Cardamom, Orange & Ginger, Strawberry & Hibiscus), and "sweet heat" (e.g. Blackberry Serano, Raspberry Habanero) options.
- Lightlife Veggie Deli Slices – At a great American hotel continental breakfast, you may expect bacon, sausage links and/or cold cuts. But for people craving a protein-oriented vegan option, there are rarely tofu or bean-based offerings to be found. Hopefully this will change via Lightlife's new line of veggie deli slices. Lightlife currently offers two great plant-based options in this new GMO-free product line: White Bean & Kale and Chickpea & Red Pepper. Beyond the taste and texture, the 11 grams of plant protein per serving make for a nice perk.