Adobo chicken — juicy, flavorful chicken that’s been cooked twice in a spicy marinade of chili peppers, vinegar, spices, and herbs — is the perfect way to spice up tacos. Though adobo chicken is often considered a hallmark of Filipino cuisine, its flavors combine nicely with those of tacos; toppings like avocado, cilantro, and pico de gallo complement and balance the spiciness of adobo chicken well. You can also get creative and add some unexpected toppings.
If you don’t have time to make adobo chicken from scratch, this recipe is great because it calls for packaged adobo chicken. This makes the recipe quick and easy to prepare. Once you prepare the adobo chicken according to the package instructions, simply use it to fill your tortillas and then top the tacos with any number of your favorite fillings. The recipe calls for a few staples like avocado, but we also like raw shredded cabbage, pickled red onions, and thin slices of radish.
Kristie Collado is The Daily Meal’s Cook Editor. Follow her on Twitter @KColladoCook.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas