1 DuPont Cir NW (at Connecticut Ave NW)
Washington, DC 20036
- The circle is so gay, you can't even walk straight.
- Improve your Gaydar skillz.
- there's always something to entertain you
- Great spot for cruising homeless dudes and shitty artists.
- Great people watching, grab a cup of coffee, take in a game of chess.
- A great place to take a stroll anytime of the year. Sip a coffee or snack on something from one of the many surrounding restaurants. I love reading a book on a bench near the fountain. Classic DC.
- DC establishments can serve alcoholic beverages to proof-bearing 21 year olds+, M-TH 8am2am, F-S 8am3am & Sun 10am2am. Beer and wine can be purchased in some stores 7 days/wk. -- Green Guide Editor
- - escalators NEVER WORK!!!
- Notable for its superior examples of Victorian rowhouses and turn-of-the-century Beaux-Arts mansions. Designated June 1977 with nearly 3100 protected buildings within its district boundaries.
- Soccer in the circle... go usa!
- Best people watching spot during the day, late night, best place to watch drunk people eat the pavement.
- In 1975, Dupont Cir. area Lambda Rising bookstore ran the nation's first gay-orientated television commercial. This historic gay neighborhood is one of America's first. Don't miss the fountain!
- Look out for the crazy weird-located roundabout :)
- I'm straight and I also enjoy this fountain.
- Good times!
- The bustle that is now Dupont Circle was once constituted only by a slaughterhouse and a brickyard.
- As long as you're subtle, cops are ok with bringing booze. Get some friends and some solo cups with wine and go day drinking. It's best in spring.
- Great for people watching. Benches, trees, fountain, speed chess, skateboarders, musicians, Scientology tent, snow fights, war protests. This center of the Dupont Circle neighborhood has seen it all.
- Easy location for a meeting point
- Its outside!!!