Florida Couple Served Dead Frog in Water Glass at Waffle House

Editor
Keep it classy, Tallahassee
frog
Left: Dreamstime; Right: Courtesy of Claire Sheats

A Florida woman contacted the authorities after finding a dead frog in her husband's water glass.

A couple at a Waffle House in Tallahassee, Florida, were accidentally served a glass of water with a dead frog floating in it. Claire Sheats and her husband at first did not notice the offending amphibian — in her Google review for the restaurant, Sheats reported that her husband took a sip from the glass before realizing that there was something in it.

“We were served a WHOLE FROG in our water today. My husband drank from the glass before he noticed the frog floating around in the ice,” Sheats wrote. “The staff did not offer us anything more than a 'sorry about that guys' — we promptly left and will not be going back to this location.”


Courtesy of Claire Sheats

After complaining to the manager and leaving a negative Google review, Sheats filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. The restaurant has since had two inspections. After the first inspection, it was reported that three high-priority warnings were issued as well as eight other warnings including food storage temperature violations and faulty refrigerator drawers. The restaurant passed the second inspection. If you’re interested in eating animals like frogs intentionally, check out the beginners guide to eating exotic animals.

Related Links
11 Embarrassing Cocktail Party Fouls Slideshow10 Major Foodborne Illnesses Around the WorldTrendy Liquid Nitrogen ‘Dragon’s Breath’ Dessert Hospitalizes 14-Year-Old

Around the Web