These days, you don’t have to go far to find a bar that serves exactly what you’re looking for, especially when it comes to whiskey—scotch, bourbon, rye, Canadian, whiskey from Japan or Australia or California. Whiskey is distilled today in at least 23 countries,. Needless to say, this spirit is a huge deal, enjoyed by millions worldwide.Although whiskey is widely appreciated, there is much to understand about it. It exists in countless varieties (even some that are flavored with spices and other additives, though serious whiskey-drinkers turn uptheir noses at those), and depending on the kind, and on the drinker's taste, can be enjoyed straight or in a cocktail either classic or new.
The next time you taste Johnny Walker or Jameson or (if you're lucky) Pappy Van Winkle, rattle off a few of these little-known whiskey facts for a spirited conversation with friends.
- Alton Brown Cooking His Steak With Mayonnaise Is Actually a Genius Hack
- Taste Test: Chick-fil-A vs. Sam’s Club Copycat Nuggets
- These Are the 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Should Know About Her Health
- Kylie Jenner Just Had Cereal With Milk for the First Time
- Denny's New Mobile Relief Diner Is on Its Way to the Carolinas