Day 3: Holiday M&M Cookies
Anyone can tell what time of year it is simply by walking down the candy aisle in CVS. Candy Corn means October, Peeps mean spring and of coarse candy hearts ring in Valentine’s Day. But in my opinion, nothing is better than walking down that aisle in December with nothing but red and green to catch your eye. These Holiday M&M Cookies are a combination of a cherished candy and a cherished holiday. They are festive and sweet and are the perfect cookie to celebrate this very merry time of year. Even Santa won’t be able to resist.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: About 30 Minutes
1 cup (2 Sticks of Butter)
¾ cup of Granulated Sugar
¾ cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
2 ¼ cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 Bag of Holiday M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs and continue to beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Stir in the Holiday M&Ms.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to drying rack to cool.