- 1 1/2 Pound long, slender cucumbers, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 Cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 Cup packed dill sprigs
- 2 Tablespoons tarragon
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 2 Ounces Pecorino Toscano, or other young sheep's milk cheese
Thinly slice the cucumber lengthwise into ribbons using a mandoline or vegetable peeler and place in a bowl.
In a food processor, pulse the parsley, dill, tarragon, garlic, red pepper, and lemon zest together until finely chopped. With the machine running, slowly pour in the lemon juice and oil, scraping down the side of the bowl as needed, until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Gently toss the cucumber with the pesto and divide among plates. Finely grate some lemon zest over each salad and sprinkle with pine nuts, if using. With a vegetable peeler, shave some cheese over each salad and serve.