This recipe is all about good-quality ingredients and showing them off. Find some nice, juicy, ripe tomatoes at the farmers market and show them some love. This simple salad is a testament to the bounty of summer produce.
See all cucumber recipes.
- 2 -3 Rosso Bruno or heirloom tomatoes, diced
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 3 -6 Japanese cucumbers, peeled and sliced into disks
- 2 heads extra-yellow frisée, trimmed
- 1 bunch tarragon, stemmed
- 1 bunch parsley, stemmed
- Juice of 2-3 Meyer lemons
Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss with the olive oil in a small bowl. Arrange the cucumbers on a plate starting with the top of the plate and working around the plate in a circular motion. Make sure to completely cover the bottom of the plate.
Season the cucumber with salt, fresh cracked pepper, and olive oil. In a small bowl combine the frisée, tarragon, parsley, and Meyer lemon juice. Season the salad with salt, freshly cracked pepper, and olive oil.
Assemble the seasoned tomatoes in the center of the plated cucumbers and gently place the frisée on top of the tomatoes.