- 2 Pounds cucumbers
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 Tablespoon tarragon leaves
- 1 Tablespoon mint leaves
- 1 Tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 Cup sourdough croutons, for serving
Peel, halve and, if necessary, seed the cucumbers. Dice enough cucumbers to set aside 1 cup for garnish; roughly chop the remaining and place in a blender.
Add the buttermilk, avocado, herbs, vinegar, sugar, and salt to the blender and blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes. Strain the soup through a fine mesh sieve and thin with water to desired consistency.
Season soup with salt and pepper, cover, and chill at least 2 hours.
Divide soup among bowls, drizzle with oil, garnish with croutons, and serve.